- Open Outlook.
- Click the File menu.
- Click Add Account.
- Select Manual setup or additional server types and click Next.
- Select POP or IMAP. Click Next.
- Within POP and IMAP Account Settings, fill out Your Name and full Email Address.
- For Server Information, select IMAP for Account Type. Incoming mail server should be set to imap-mail.outlook.com, and Outgoing mail server (SMTP) should be set to smtp-mail.outlook.com.
- Next to Logon Information, fill in your User Name and Password and put a check next to Remember password. Then click the More Settings button.
- Go to the Outgoing Server tab. Enable My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and Use the same settings as my incoming mail server.
- Go to the Advanced tab. For port settings, set Incoming server (IMAP) to 993 with SSL encryption, then set Outgoing server (SMTP) to 587 with TLS encryption.
- Click OK then Next when finished.
- Click Close if the account logs in properly.
- Click Finish.
- Outlook will need to restart in order to finalize settings. Click 'OK' then re-launch Outlook.
- Mail should automatically sync. It may take some time to complete.
- 0 Users Found This Useful
How to create Email accounts in cPanel
Your hosting control panel (cPanel) allows you a lot of control over the functionality of your...